Video Digest: "Main events of the week" No. 70
• The central event of the past week was the meeting of the Eurasian Intergovernmental Council of the Eurasian Economic Union member states held in Almaty on 2 February. Prime Minister of the Republic of Kazakhstan B. Sagintayev, Prime Minister of the Republic of Armenia K. Karapetyan, Prime Minister of the Republic of Belarus A. Kobyakov, Prime Minister of the Kyrgyz Republic S. Isakov, Prime Minister of the Russian Federation D. Medvedev and Chairman of the Board of the Eurasian Economic Commission T. Sargsyan took part in its work.
• The meeting was held in reduced and extended formats.
• On the same day in Almaty, on the initiative of the Head of State N. Nazarbayev within the framework of the Eurasian Intergovernmental Council, the International Forum “Digital Agenda in the Era of Globalization” was held. The Prime Ministers of Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Uzbekistan, official delegations from Azerbaijan, Tajikistan, as well as leading foreign experts and representatives of international IT companies took part in its work.
• Opening the work of the plenary session of the forum, Bakytzhan Sagintayev read out a welcome address to its participants on behalf of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan N. Nazarbayev.
• On Tuesday, January 30, in Ukimet Uyi, the Prime Minister of Kazakhstan chaired a regular meeting of the Government. The meeting considered the questions on the joint statement of the Government and the National Bank on the main directions of economic policy for 2018, on the digitalization of the agro-industrial complex, on the development of competition, as well as on the preparation of the national team for the XXIII Winter Olympic Games in 2018 in Pyeongchang (South Korea).
• On Wednesday, January 31, Bakytzhan Sagintayev chaired a meeting of the Republican Tripartite Commission on Social Partnership and Regulation of Social and Labor Relations. Within the framework of the meeting, the General Agreement was signed between the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan, republican associations of workers and republican associations of employers for 2018-2020, which determines the agreed positions of the parties on the main directions of regulation of social and labor relations.
• On the same day in Ukimet Uyi, the Prime Minister chaired a meeting of the Council on improving the investment climate. Issues of attracting foreign investment in new green technologies, development of renewable energy sources, as well as the entire electric power sector in the context of a global transition to a low carbon economy were discussed.
• On Thursday, February 1 in Ukimet Uyi, a regular meeting of the Expert Council on Economics took place with the participation of Bakytzhan Sagintayev. The issues of the influence of the Fourth Industrial Revolution on the real sector of the country's economy were discussed.
• Also last week, a press conference was held at the press center of the Government with the participation of AIFC Governor Kairat Kelimbetov on the implementation of the tasks set out in the President's Address "New Opportunities Under the Fourth Industrial Revolution."