This week the Head of State N.Nazarbayev took part in the plenary session of the X Astana Economic Forum "New Energy - New Economy".
Within the framework of the jubilee Astana Economic Forum, Prime Minister of the Republic of Kazakhstan Bakytzhan Sagintayev addressed a session of the World Bank on June 15, after which he held meetings with well-known economists, including economist and writer Nassim Taleb, publicist and writer John Perkins and professor of history and international relations of Princeton University Harold James.
Bakytzhan Sagintayev also met with the rector of the Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration Vladimir Mau and experts of the Asian region: David Daokui Li, the Director of the Center for China in the World Economy, Yvonne Choi, commissioner for Belt and Road of Hong Kong government, President of the Institute for Global Economy of South Korea, Il SaKong.
In addition, at the AEF platform, Prime Minister of the Republic of Kazakhstan Bakytzhan Sagintayev took part in the sessions "Innovation Summit" and "Strategic Development Plan until 2025" National Technology Initiative of Kazakhstan". At the end of the sessions, a number of bilateral meetings were also held with the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize laureate, Rae Kwon Chung, the General Director of the Bretton Woods Update Committee, Marc Uzan, and the chairman of The Boston Consulting Group Hans-Paul Burkner.
On Tuesday, a regular meeting of the Government took place, during which Bakytzhan Sagintayev gave a number of instructions on supporting agricultural producers and ensuring phytosanitary security of crops, as well as on observance of labor rights of Kazakhstanis.
On Wednesday, June 14, Bakytzhan Sagintayev took part in the IV Congress of the NCE "Atameken", where issues of development and support of the business environment were considered.
During the working week in Үkimet Uyi the following meetings were also held:
- with the President of Georgia Giorgi Margvelashvili;
- with the Speaker of the Parliament of Sweden, Urban Ahlin;
- with the ex-Prime Minister of France Francois Fillon;
- with Deputy Prime Minister of the Russian Federation Dmitry Rogozin;
- with Deputy Prime Minister - Minister of Regional Development, Building and Housing and Communal Services of Ukraine Hennadii Zubko;
- with the Director General of the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO), Yong Li;
- with the Vice President of the European Commission for the Energy Union, Maros Sefcovic;
- with Cyril Muller, Vice President of the World Bank for the Europe and Central Asian Region;
- with Wencai Zhang, vice-president of the Asian Development Bank;
- with Dmitry Pankin, Chairman of the Board of the Eurasian Development Bank;
- with the chairman of JPMorgan Chase International, Jacob Frenkel;
- with the Director of the Global Institute "McKinsey (MGI)" Jonathan Woethel.
On June 17, Bakytzhan Sagintayev held a meeting of the Board of Directors of JSC "NWF "Samruk-Kazyna" on the transformation of the holding.