The Vice Minister for Investments and Development Yerlan Khairov opened the solemn ceremony of rewarding foreign investors. Investors, heads of foreign diplomatic missions, business associations and organizations also took part in the event.
As the Vice Minister Yerlan Khairov noted, since the first years of independence, Kazakhstan has been counting on economic growth through creating favorable conditions for foreign investors.
"Over the past 12 years, thanks to the work that our state carried out to improve the investment climate, the inflow of foreign direct investment into Kazakhstan's economy amounted to more than $250 billion," Y. Khairov said.
It should be noted that today five companies were awarded in such sectors of the economy as agro-industrial complex, manufacturing industry, logistics infrastructure, mining and metallurgical complex and pharmaceutical industry.
The best foreign investors are:
- the Cyprus company Mareven Food Tian-Shan — production of food products and semi-finished products, was awarded for investment activity in the development of the AIC;
- the Japanese company Tokyo Rope Almaty — production of steel products, was awarded for investment activity in the development of manufacturing industry;
- the Chinese company Cosco Shipping — the construction of a dry port in the territory of the Khorgos - Eastern Gate SEZ, was awarded for investment activity in the development of the logistics infrastructure;
- the Russian company Giessenhaus — the production of alloyed aluminum, was awarded for investment activity in the development of the mining and metallurgical complex;
- the Polish company "Himpharm" Polpharma — the production of solid tablets, was awarded for investment activity in the development of the pharmaceutical industry .
For reference: Kazakh Invest is a national agency for attracting investments to Kazakhstan, provides a full range of services for supporting investment projects from idea to implementation on the principle of "Single Window" and acts as a single coordinating center for special economic zones of the country. Kazakh Invest plays the role of a single negotiator representing the interests of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan in discussing the prospects and conditions for the implementation of investment projects. Has a network of representative offices abroad.