"Held a meeting on implementation of Nurly zhol program. Problematic issues in regions are under control,” the Prime Minister of the Republic of Kazakhstan wrote on his Twitter account.
The Prime Minister of Kazakhstan Karim Massimov has held a meeting on implementation of the "Nurly Zhol" program today, on August 2 in Ukimet Uyi in Astana.
The "Nurly Zhol" state program is implemented to form single economic market through the integration of macro-regions of the country on the basis of building an effective infrastructure on the hubs principle. Ultimately, it is aimed at creating jobs, ensuring long-term economic growth in Kazakhstan, as well as implementing anti-crisis measures to support specific sectors of the economy.
The Deputy Minister of National Economy of Kazakhstan Marat Kussainov reported to the Prime Minister on main indicators of the "Nurly Zhol” program. According to him, the funds allocated to implement program on development of road sector in the amount of 59.2 billion tenge are fully mastered.
At the same time, 78.5 billion tenge was allocated for construction of engineering and communication infrastructure in 2016. According to the financing plan, as of July 25, 2016, 30.5 billion tenge was allocated, 28.1 billion tenge of which was disbursed, or 92% of the financing plan.
The funds were not reimbursed in Almaty, Zhambyl, West Kazakhstan, Kostanay, North Kazakhstan, South Kazakhstan region and Astana.
As the Minister of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan Yerlan Sagadiyev noted, currently 96 educational facilities (77 schools and 19 kindergartens) are constructed, but here in a number of areas, there are risks of pending disbursements.
At the end of the meeting, the Prime Minister instructed the members of the Government to control over timely execution of the program and development of the allocated funds.
The "Nurly Zhol" program was approved by the Decree of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan on April 6, 2015 N. 1030.
The key objectives of the program are:
- establishment of an efficient transport and logistics infrastructure on "ray" principle;
- development of industrial infrastructure and tourism infrastructure;
- strengthening energy infrastructure within the Unified Energy System;
- modernization (reconstruction and construction) of infrastructure of housing and communal services and heat systems, water supply and sanitation;
- increase the affordability of housing for citizens;
- development of education infrastructure;
- improving the competitiveness of businesses;
- support for domestic mechanical engineering;
- export promotion;
- improving the competitiveness of agribusiness entities;
- provision of infrastructure projects "Business roadmap-2020";
- ensure safety of products through the development of laboratory base.