Sunday, 20 December 2020, 16:38:57
Prime Minister Askar Mamin held a selector meeting of the Interdepartmental Commission to prevent the spread of coronavirus infection in the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Minister of Healthcare Alexey Tsoy reported on the sanitary and epidemiological situation, the Chair of the Agency for the Protection and Development of Competition Serik Zhumangarin on monitoring the prices of medicines, the Minister of Internal Affairs Yerlan Turgumbayev on monitoring compliance with quarantine measures, akims of Atyrau region Makhambet Dosmukhambetov, Pavlodar region — Abylkair Skakov, Kostanay region — Archimed Mukhambetov reported on the state of affairs in regions.
The spread of coronavirus infection in Kazakhstan is at a controlled level. The daily increase in new cases of coronavirus infection is 0.4%, the reproductive rate is 0.9. The occupancy rate of infectious beds is 28%, of intensive care beds — 20%. Five regions are located in zones of high and moderate risks: Atyrau, Kostanay, Pavlodar, North Kazakhstan and Akmola regions.
In January-February next year, against the backdrop of an increase in SARS and influenza, there is a risk of an increase in the incidence of coronavirus infection.
In this regard, the Commission made a number of decisions:
1. From Dec. 25, 2020, to Jan. 5, 2021, a ban will be established on the holding of entertainment, sports and other public events, including New Year's parties and festive corporate events.
2. Restrictive measures will be strengthened at the Tengiz field until the epidemiological situation stabilizes.
3. Measures will be taken to reduce the prices of anticovid medicines in the retail network by an average of 24%.
At the same time, in order to ensure the quality of education, at the suggestion of the Ministry of Education and Science, as well as taking into account the opinion of the public, it was decided:
- from the third quarter of the academic year for graduation classes (grades 9, 11, 12), to provide for combined education (70% subjects — in a traditional format, 30% — remotely) in compliance with sanitary and epidemiological requirements;
- from the third quarter of the school year, to replenish the loss in knowledge of schoolchildren in extracurricular hours, organize individual consultations in groups of no more than 5 people;
- from the second semester, to resume combined education of first-year college and university students.
The head of government instructed akims, depending on the epidemiological situation in the region, to take the necessary restrictive measures in order to stabilize the situation.
The prime minister drew the attention of akims to the need for high-quality sanitization of public places, schools and kindergartens, as well as preparation of vaccination centers for vaccination.
The Ministry of Internal Affairs, together with the akimats, was instructed to ensure compliance with sanitary and epidemiological requirements on pre-holiday and holidays.