Y. Sagadiyev: Education system solves the problems of improving the quality of human capital in accordance with the Nation’s Plan

Today in the press center of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan within the framework of the press conference on the implementation of the third direction "Industrialization and Economic Growth" of the Plan of the Nation "100 Concrete Steps" the Minister of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan Yerlan Sagadiyev spoke about the work to improve the quality of human capital.

On the execution of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan there are 5 steps of the Plan of the Nation. For each of them, a "Road Map" has been developed, where specific implementation activities are planned. Thus, within the framework of the implementation of the 64th Step of the Nation’s Plan, the Law "On Commercialization of the Results of Scientific and Scientific and Technical Activities" was adopted.

"The main problems of the development of science are low applied nature and low commercialization of results. To solve this, a special law has been adopted, which works currently. Now, at the stage of submitting applications scientists are required to find the source of the project co-financing. As a result, now from 67 projects more than 70 projects are being co-financed," the Minister said.

Within the framework of the 76th step "Improving the quality of human capital on the basis of OECD countries standards", a 12-year education scheme based on the "0 + 11" class is being introduced in Kazakhstan. A uniform standard educational program for preschool, zero class is introduced.

"Why do we need a zero class? Children must come 100% prepared to the first class. To date, 85% of children who come from kindergarten, know the letters, they can count. The remaining 15% do not know this," Y. Sagadiyev said.

The transition to this system is planned for 2019. At the same time, the first-grade textbook will be divided into Alipbe and Ana tili. To date, all textbooks have been prepared. As an experiment, children in 150 schools of the republic from September 1, 2017, will begin to learn from these textbooks.

In secondary education, work is underway to switch to an updated content, the essence of which is the development of functional literacy, when a child should not only know but also be able to do. From September 1, 2017, it is planned to switch to the updated content of grades 2, 5, 7, from 2018 - 3, 6, 8, 10, from 2019 - 4, 9, 11.

At the 77th step of the Nation’s Plan, 10 key universities are training specialists for SPIID. Already the first issue was held, 1817 masters were trained, of which 1650 people were employed at SPIID enterprises.

Stay updated about the events of the Prime Minister and the Government of Kazakhstan - subscribe to the official Telegram channel