Friday, 08 November 2019, 09:53:24
Ministry of Trade and Integration conducted an analysis of changes in the trade between Kazakhstan and Russia, starting with the first Forum of Interregional Cooperation between Kazakhstan and Russia held in 2003 in Omsk.
Since 2005, the Forum of Interregional Cooperation between Kazakhstan and Russia has been held alternately in Russian and Kazakhstani cities: Chelyabinsk, Uralsk, Novosibirsk, Aktobe, Orenburg, Ust-Kamenogorsk, Astrakhan, Pavlodar, Yekaterinburg, Atyrau, Sochi, Astana, Chelyabinsk, Petropavlovsk.
As Bakhyt Sultanov noted, meeting with the journalists on the sidelines of the Forum, commodity circulation has been growing all these years.
Since the first Forum of Interregional Cooperation in 2003 (over 15 years), trade between our countries has grown 3.5 times (2003 — $5,245.5 million, 2018 — $18,517.3 million), including our supplies to Russia grew 2.6 times ($1,967.7 million — $5,279.9 million).
Practical solutions, real help and concrete suggestions — this is what happens on the site of the Business Forum, where people who want to work meet. This is why the Forum is organized. Therefore, speaking with reporters today, Bakhyt Sultanov emphasized the importance of the networking platform of the Forum, noting that, starting from the first Forum, a lot of decisions have been reached, more than 100 different agreements. Basically, of course, this is an agreement between enterprises — this is the task of interregional cooperation.
“Today, in parallel with the interregional forum at the level of heads of state, we are also holding a business forum where our enterprises are represented. There are already certain results. A number of agreements are concluded today for approximately $40 million. But this is only the beginning. We hope that thanks to these business forums, entrepreneurs will have additional opportunities,” said Minister Sultanov.
In addition, speaking about the general export of national commodity producers in general, the Minister of Trade spoke about the major results of the trip to China, where he visited with the Kazakh delegation.
Speaking about the results of the 2019 forum, it should be noted that following the plenary meeting with the participation of the Heads of State, eight bilateral documents were signed, as well as 12 commercial agreements on the sidelines of the forum.
At the plenary session, the Concept of the Kazakhstan-Russia Cross-Border Cooperation Program was signed.
The following documents have been signed between state bodies:
- Memorandum of Understanding between the Ministry of Information and Social Development of Kazakhstan and the Federal Agency for Youth Affairs of Russia (Rosmolodezh) in the field of youth policy;
- Cooperation program between the Ministry of Culture and Sports of Kazakhstan and the Ministry of Culture of Russia;
- A joint action program between the Ministry of Industry and Infrastructure Development of Kazakhstan and the Ministry of Transport of Russia on the operation of checkpoints on the Kazakh-Russian border.
Agreements between akimats:
- Kostanay region and the Government of the Chelyabinsk region on trade and economic, scientific, technical, social, cultural humanitarian cooperation;
- Pavlodar region and the Government of the Kurgan region on cooperation in trade, economic, scientific, technical, humanitarian and other fields.
- The action plan for the implementation of the Agreement between the Akimat of Pavlodar region and the administration of the Novosibirsk region on trade, economic, social, scientific, technical and cultural cooperation
- Cooperation agreement between the Damu Entrepreneurship Development Fund and the Russian Bank for the Support of Small and Medium Enterprises.
Commercial documents. Scheduling Agreements:
- semi-finished products between Iceberg PV LLP and Eurasia Trading House;
- sausages between Kazmyasoproduct LLP and T Eurasia.
Cooperation agreements between:
- KSP Steel Trading House (partner of the Kazakhstan company KSP Steel LLP) and KazakhExport;
- Control Leasing LLC and KazakhExport;
- Moskommertsbank and KazakhExport;
- Toraigyrov Pavlodar State University, Omsk Oil Refinery and State Technical University;
- Pavlodar Petrochemical Plant and Omsk Oil Refinery;
- Office of Entrepreneurship and Industrial and Innovative Development of WKO and the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Saratov Region;
- Department of entrepreneurship and industry of Akmola region and the Ministry of industry, communications, digital and scientific and technical development of Omsk region.
Agreement of intent of cooperation between AZAM-KS LLP and Titan-Agro LLC.
Memoranda of cooperation between the Public Council of the Karaganda, Kostanay regions of the region and the Public Chamber of the Sverdlovsk region.