29 December 2022, 18:17
December 29, 2022 Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Trade and Integration of Kazakhstan Serik Zhumangarin and Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Investment and Foreign Trade of Uzbekistan Jamshid Hodjaev agreed on a Road Map for the implementation of investment agreements and trade contracts signed during the visit of the President to Uzbekistan.
The document contains 37 measures of investment and trade cooperation in the fields of chemical industry, energy, transport, electro-technical industry, infrastructure construction, mechanical engineering, pharmaceuticals and agriculture.
The roadmap includes concrete steps for implementing projects such as:
- production of phosphate and complex mineral fertilisers in Navoi and Tashkent regions (Kazphosphate LLP and Uzkimyosanoat JSC);
- long-term (not less than 10 years) coal supply for the fuel needs of three new coal-fired thermal power plants with a total capacity of up to 2 GW to be built in Samarkand, Tashkent and Fergana regions, using hard coal from the Shubarkul deposit;
- construction of housing, social and commercial infrastructure in Tashkent in partnership with BI Group;
- production of Chevrolet Onix vehicles in Kazakhstan in partnership with JSC Allure Group;
- production of Artel home appliances in the Karaganda region;
- organization of production of ceramic tiles in Shymkent;
- supplies of early potatoes, meat, meat and horticultural products.