Wednesday, 04 November 2020, 19:27:29
Chair of the Interdepartmental Commission on Preventing the Spread of COVID-19, Deputy Prime Minister Yeraly Tugzhanov paid a working visit to Pavlodar region, where he inspected the readiness of medical facilities in the region for a possible wave of coronavirus infection.
Also, the deputy prime minister held a meeting on the epidemiological situation in the region, heard a report from the leadership of local government agencies, the Police Department on the measures taken.
Taking into account the absence of PCR laboratories in rural areas, the deputy prime minister instructed to promptly resolve the issues of accessibility of services to the population of the region.
Yeraly Tugzhanov noted that at the end of October, a threefold increase in the incidence of COVID-19 was recorded in the region. Particular attention was paid to the need to stabilize the epidemiological situation in the cities of Pavlodar, Ekibastuz and Aksu.
In order to stabilize the epidemiological situation in the region, the chairman of the Interdepartmental Commission instructed the regional akimat to take a number of restrictive measures from Nov. 9, 2020:
- to establish checkpoints along the perimeter of the city of Pavlodar;
- to establish sanitary checkpoints in settlements where the daily increase will be more than 10 cases;
- to reduce air traffic in the following directions:
Pavlodar - Almaty from 10 to 5 flights;
Pavlodar - Nur-Sultan from 3 to 1 flight;
Pavlodar - Shymkent from 2 to 1 flight per week.
- to reduce railway transportation in the direction of Pavlodar - Almaty from 7 to 3 times a week;
- to prohibit passenger trains from stopping inside the region (except for places determined by the regional akimat);
- to suspend the activities of religious sites, theaters, cinemas, cultural facilities;
- to limit the work of catering facilities until 20:00; prohibit holding meetings in person;
- to transfer at least 80% of employees to remote mode;
- to recommend people over 65 years old not to leave their place of residence unless absolutely necessary, with the exception of the purchase of food, basic necessities, medicines and medical products.
On weekends and holidays:
- to suspend the operation of public transport (trams, buses, route taxis);
- to suspend the work of non-food and food indoor and outdoor markets;
- to suspend the work of baths, saunas;
- to allow only delivery format of work for catering facilities.
Also, the leadership of the region was instructed to strengthen the activities of monitoring groups to comply with the quarantine regime, as well as information and explanatory work among the population about the need for impeccable compliance with the quarantine regime.
The epidemiological situation in the region is under constant control of the Government.