Tuesday, 16 March 2021, 17:37:19
Kazakhstan has risen by 12 positions in the SDG progress index. This became known during the V meeting of the Coordination Council for Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) chaired by the First Deputy Prime Minister Alikhan Smailov.
In particular, the issues of progress in achieving the SDGs in the post-period period, the results of the assessment of financing for development, national SDG indicators and the implementation of the new UN Framework Program for Sustainable Development for 2021-2025 were touched upon.
SDG programs are divided into 5 groups and assigned to the ministries of foreign affairs, labor and social protection of the population, national economy, information and social development, and energy.
Responsible persons in each area informed the meeting participants about the progress of the programs, the results of work in 2020 and talked about cooperation between Kazakhstan and the UN for the next five years. The list of national SDG indicators until 2030 was also discussed. This list includes over 200 items.
First Deputy Prime Minister Alikhan Smailov noted that the implementation of the SDG principles will significantly improve the quality of life of the population, bring it closer to international standards, and strengthen the international image.
- The People group is aimed at improving the health, well-being and prosperity of the population, access to quality education and gender equality, as well as the elimination of poverty and hunger.
- The Planet group includes 5 goals: rational use of water resources, transition to rational patterns of consumption and production, fight against climate change and its consequences, restoration of terrestrial ecosystems.
- The Peace Group includes the goal "Peace of Justice and Effective Institutions".
- The Group Partnership aims to achieve the goal of Strengthening the means of implementation and revitalizing the work of the Global Partnership for Sustainable Development.
- The Prosperity Group is committed to providing affordable and clean energy, decent work and economic growth. Also, this group includes goals for industrialization, innovation, reducing inequality, sustainable development of cities and towns.