The Prime Minister of Kazakhstan

Download the App for Android

Karim Massimov controls production facilities of SEZ "Park of innovative technologies" in Almaty

15 August 2016, 17:12
Photo: Официальный сайт Премьер-Министра РК

Prime Minister of Kazakhstan got acquainted with the development of the special economic zone in Almaty.

The development of the future economy is one of the priorities of the Government of Kazakhstan. Part of this task is to create favorable conditions for investors through the development of special economic zones. Park of innovative technologies of Almaty city has an important task of the state to form  knowledge-based economy and production.

Director General of the  SEZ  "PIT" S. Kettebekov  informed the Prime Minister  about the development of the Technopark.

Today in the SEZ PIT  there are 145 companies producing more than 500 kinds of products and services, including 14 companies with foreign participation (Russia, South Korea, Israel, China, Germany, Italy) and 35 companies operating on the principle of extraterritoriality.

About 60% of all PIT projects are implemented in the direction of information and communication technologies, the remaining 40% comes from the oil and gas sector.

Karim Massimov visited the LED-devices producing plant  with the brand Tecata. This facility is part of the Industrialization Map.  General Director of LLP «DS Multimedia» H. Nurkenov  informed the Prime Minister about  the production process  of  the company.

According to the deputy akim of Almaty E. Aukenov  for infrastructure construction of the second stage of the SEZ PIT in 2013-2016, 13.5 billion tenge was allocated. About 72% of utilities were built  and 9.04 billion tenge was spent. In the current year it is planned to complete construction of infrastructure worth 4.45 billion tenge. So, today in the SEZ PIT the electricity network has been built. Construction of roads was completed at the level of  78%, pipe-laying gas - by 96.5%, pipes water supply and sanitation - 88%, an office building and fire station - by 67%.


For reference:

The special economic zone "Park of innovative technologies" (SEZ PIT) was established by  Presidential Decree in 2003. The total area of ​​industrial park is 343 hectares, the first phase (123 hectares) has been completed and fully occupied by enterprises, the second - 163.02 hectares, the third - 140 hectares.

The main objectives of the SEZ PIT are to create conditions for the participating companies to attract innovative projects, accumulation of startups, search and collaboration in the development of innovative projects with high-tech enterprises.

Since 2003 in the SEZ PIT  more than 3140 jobs were created.

Commissioning of the second phase of SEZ PIT is scheduled for 2017. Creating the Park of innovative technologies will contribute to the diversification of Kazakhstan's economy and exports, the emergence of non-primary national brands and new branches, training of highly qualified personnel, the development of their own innovative technologies and their commercialization and widespread use for improving the competitiveness of the national economy.